Posted to rec.food.cooking,rec.food.equipment,uk.d-i-y
Peter Brooks Peter Brooks is offline

Default Stove/Oven replacement questions

My stove and oven seem to need replacement. I think that they can be
repaired, but they are getting on and the time between repairs is
getting shorter - time to consider splashing out!

I have quite a few questions and would love any opinions. I'll list
them:

- Are there any real lemons that I should avoid?

- I tried a convection oven a couple of decades ago and it was utterly
useless. I see that they are still flogging them, so maybe the
technology has improved. Is it worth bothering?

- I have a pretty standard (I think) 60cm x 60cm oven to replace. I'd
like the cheapest, but best ( of course ), and most reliable oven/
grill combination. I'd like to be able to make pizza's and have good
support for long, slow casseroling. Any makes or models stand out
particularly?

- I'll probably go for a standard four ring stove top. However, I like
the idea of induction hobs. I also like ceramic hobs. Has any
manufacturer been sensible enough to produce a hybrid with a couple of
conventional ceramic hob plates (for glass, aluminum etc.) and a
couple of induction plates for cast iron and so forth? If so, who has
done this?

- If I did decide to go for a full induction hob, what is the solution
to pressure cooking? Pretty well all the pressure cookers that I've
seen are made of aluminium. Are there any made from materials that
work in induction plates?