Posted to alt.food.wine
Bi!! Bi!! is offline

Default seek sweet white wine in San Jose South Bay area

On Sep 7, 2:29?pm, "Richard Neidich" > wrote:
> Mondavi does a Fume Blanc that is sweet, crisp and the last time it was
> pretty good and not expensive.
>
> They have at my Costco sometimes. Hope that helps."news.la.sbcglobal.net" > wrote in message
>
> t...
>

> >I am seeking sweet white wine, low cost, in San Jose South Bay area.
> > Can you tell me what is good to buy and where?

> > I went to Costco, but, do not know what to buy?
> > Can you recommend a low cost white sweet wine for me to try?

> > Thank you.- Hide quoted text -

Dick,
The last bottle of Mondavi Fume Blanc that I had was the 2005
vintage and I wouldn't call it sweet. Perhaps slightly "off dry" but
far from sweet. I checked Mondavi's website and they show the
residual sugar at .79% as compared to 10.7% residual sugar in their
Muscato D'Oro which is quite sweet.