Samartha Deva

Default Polish sour rye in bread machine

Tekla,

frankly - I find your attempt blasphemous - trying to recreate a superb
polish rye you are referring to with gluten and a bread machine - this
is really painful!

Aren't you getting little round or square formed products from a bread
machine and was the original you try to approach in any way similar? You
probably know the answer.

Considering the fact that a major determining factor to the taste of a
bread loaf is the crust - how are you going to influence this with your
bread machine?

In any case, may I suggest that you first get the bread of your desire
together in the conventional way and once you have something very
similar to your satisfaction, try to do it with a bread machine, if you
still have any urge for it.

Now, for your kneading and handling considerations, maybe you want to
search on Google Groups under newsgroup rec.food.sourdough for the
phrase "I've been baking 100% Rye Sourdough for about 12 years" on Oct.
28 or 29, 2003 which fairly accurately describes the complexities you
will encounter.

Good luck with your bread machine attempt!

And - keep reporting, so we can learn from it.

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one
SD page is the http://samartha.net/SD/