Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Espressopithecus (Java Man)[_3_] Espressopithecus (Java Man)[_3_] is offline

Default I Need Help Increasing My Sourdough's Flavor

In article . net>,
Espressopithecus (Java Man) >>
says...
> In article
> <mailman.18.1189043685.33515.rec.food.sourdough@ma il.otherwhen.com>,
> says...
> > Espressopithecus (Java Man) <Espressopithecus wrote:
> > > In article
> > > <mailman.17.1189032882.33515.rec.food.sourdough@ma il.otherwhen.com>,

says...

> > > Mike, is this for sourdough or yeasted bread?
> > >

> > Either. And when I am kneading by hand, the same schedule works here
> > for reasonably sized batches of bread.
> >

> I'm ramping the starter up tonight to bake two loaves tomorrow. I'll
> try your "5 min at speed 2, rest for 5, and 5 more min at speed 2" and
> see how it goes. Thanks!

I split the dough into 2 loaves which baked out to 600 grams each.
Great oven spring, well-developed flavour, excellent crust and crumb.
They are as close to what I'm trying to achieve as any loaves I've ever
baked. Thanks for all the suggestions!

Java