Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Karen C. Karen C. is offline

Default Boston Butt - Second Try

DH works construction, so we had a late supper. Although I'm not
much on pork barbecue, I'd have to say it's pretty good. (Sure
beats the crockpot sandwiches, for sure!)

The only complaint I have about it was the bark was too dry; but
the rest of it was nice and moist. I had to discard most of the
bark, but it was still plenty smoky tasting for me. (DH put all
the rejected bark in a plastic baggie and put it in the
refrigerator. Said he was going to eat it later. LOL!)

DD really liked it too. She agreed with me, that the pork had
enough smoky taste. (So since I discarded most of the bark, I
think that we had too much hickory to begin with.)

DH, OTOH, said it needed more smoke. If I know him, he'll try to
sneak in a bunch of hickory next time we cook. With that in
mind, I think I'll give him full reign and let him do it his way
next time.

Now I want to smoke a ham <g>.

Karen C.