Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Dave Allison Dave Allison is offline

Default starting fist batch of plum wine, Help!

Just a thought - some of my batches of fruit wines took up to 72 hours
to start. And some yeasts almost show no foam or "head". I agree with
other posters - check temperature of must, and give it more time. In 72
hours, you need to consider re-pitching, maybe with some nutrient
energizer, not much.
DAve