Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Karen C. Karen C. is offline

Default Boston Butt - Second Try

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> You think 90-92F is _high_? What a bunch of whimps! :-)

Heck, it's an arctic breeze, compared to what we've had the last
few weeks. But we went fishing yesterday and didn't get so much
as a bite. I finally switched to nightcrawlers and fished on the
bottom, thinking I'd at least get a catfish. Zilch. I figure
we'll wait a week or so and let the water temp cool down, then
give it another go.

> > I want to have the meat in the 220 to 230 range. DH says it
> > doesn't matter, and he doesn't want to baby-sit the cooker

all
> > day.

> Handcuff him tot he smoker next to a cooler full of beer. That
> whimp!

That's a much kinder word than I'd use to describe him right now
<g>.

If DD weren't already salivating, wanting pork sandwiches all
week (she even eats them for breakfast, before school!), I'd let
him find out what it would be like to do it his way. I think it
may come to that, anyway, in the future.

(What gets me is I don't even like pork BBQ that much. I'm a
brisket gal <g>.)

Karen C.