Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Melinda Melinda is offline

Default China reds vs Indian reds color

"ackmw" > wrote in message

> Melinda ha scritto:
>>Well I don't think I've seen this discussed here before so here goes: I
>>usually drink my red teas with milk and sugar. When I do that I have
>>noticed
>>that the Assams and Ceylons and the African teas too are a sort of a tan
>>color while the China reds (keemun, yunnan, and kind of congou) have a
>>greyish cast to the color of the liquid (this is with milk). Has anyone
>>else
>>noticed that and what do you think causes it?
>>
>>Curious,
>>
>>Melinda
>>
>>Have you tried any Malawi tea - this is particulalry known for its red
>>color when milk is added - its a kind of brick red. Much of it is used in
>>brands like tetly which have long marketed their teas as being particualry
>>'red'

> --
> Questo articolo e` stato inviato dal sito web http://www.nonsolonews.net

Yes actually I like the Chisunga Estate Malawi BOP from Upton very well for
a basic breakfast type with milk and sugar. I like it better thatn the
Kenyan CTC that I've tried. I will have to try the other types of Malawi
teas though...Upton only has the one Malawi from what I know. The comment
from you above about Malawi teas being China type surprises me as I thought
(from their taste) that they'd be more Indian Ceylon type (or at least the
one I get from Upton would be...maybe it is).

Melinda