Dick Adams

Default Correction New to sourdough with a couple of questions

"Bob" > mentioned in message=20

> The figures I got from your recipe appear to be reasonable.=20
> They are for the total flour and total water for both the starter=20
> and the dough ... Good work, Adams.

Well, I am still having some trouble in determining the incremental
moisture adsorption. It's affect on the actual "hydration" is
quite large, it seems.

There are other things, like the effect of temperature, ambient
humidity, etc., etc., etc, not to mention the condition of the gluten,
the vitality of the microorganisms, the availability of nutrients,
and so on, and so on ...

Looks like there is quite a lot of work to do before starting with
any actual dough.

Well, "Bob", with your background in Science and Engineering,=20
and your willingness to guide and encourage us, I would not be=20
surprised to find that some people at r.f.s. actually succeed to=20
bake some sourdough bread before the end of the millenium.

---
DickA