Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
snpm snpm is offline

Default record keeping

On Sep 1, 8:59 pm, Tater > wrote:
> ok, started a batch of plum wine, and am wondering how i should keep
> records on this, what should i record? acid level, inital SG,
> ingredients added, starting SG, yeast type, camden added, ammout
> nutrients, enzymes?

in my opinion, I'd add
carb source
acid adjustment and by what means
where you primaried (sp?), ambient temp average and fluctuation,
same temp details for secondary,
how often you stirred the primary,
SG on move to secondary
what the secondary was made of,
what you put in the secondary ferm lock,
whether you racked or transferred to secondary,
what filter (mesh, none) you used if you tranferred,
whether or not you light-shielded this batch
whose recipe you followed and why,
fruit condition on starting,
fruit processing work prior to pitch,
fruit pluck-to-pitch time,
whether or not you hydrated the yeast and if so under what conditioned
If you used adjuncts used for more than one batch, ID of previous and
following batch
(later)... amount, date and reason for clarifying agent pitches,
clarifying agent prep details, date to "considered complete" results.

That's my list, in addition to your own, of "things I wish I had
recorded but didn't" on my own previous batches!

Good luck

Sean