Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Tater Tater is offline

Default ok, no need to panic, was starting fist batch of plum wine, Help!

On Sep 1, 6:27 pm, Tater > wrote:
> ok, started pitting and such, noticed that the plum material is a bit
> to fine to stay in a straining bag(looks like mush).
>
> How will we measure the SG? the stuff is like mud. I'll assume that
> and addition of some water might help things out, but i Don't want to
> add too much.
>
> got about half a batch of plums ready, pitting contnuing on the rest.
> hoepfully everyone is not on vacation and can chime in

update.

plum pulp did not seep thru the strraining bag like i would have
guessed. needed to add 1 gallon of water to top up for 6 gall of wine,
all is fine.

currently re-reading acid test kit to confirm that i do understand
it's method. then the sugar to up the SG, then yeast and yay off we