HeatherInSwampscott

Default SLOW foods WAS: Kneading and adding flour

Kenneth wrote:

> I was not trying to suggest that you move in the yeast direction...

Nope, I know, I was just being chatty : -)

I am moving more towards "slow food" in more categories than just bread;
I have been playing with slow fermenting sauerkraut, kimchee, natural
sodas, cheeses and kefir; I love a roast beef that is cooked a long time
at low temperatures.

I came to sourdough from an interest in ferments. Also I remember
reading somewhere that wheat (flour and berries) is more easily
digestable in such things as pancakes and warm cereals if it is soaked
overnight first. If I recall it has something to do with the
indigestibility of phytates. But don't quote me, as I don't have a
resource handy. I imagine the beasties in sourdough merely speed the
process (relatively speaking) of breaking down phytates.

Send your S L O W recipes to me! : -)

Best,

Heather
_amaryllisATyahooDOTcom