Gene Benzing

Default Old Starter Might Be OK

Don, I just got done resurrecting some of the nastiest, vilest Carls starter
I have ever seen. I could have sworn it was DOA. The hootch was black and
moldy, smelled like vomit and reminded me of something they clean out of the
wastewater treatment plant. It was bad!. I consulted the starter doctor
FAQ and Dick Adams book and thought what the heck. It would either revive
or morph into some flu virus that would wipe out the world. It took about 2
1/2 weeks of the washing process that Dick Adams talks about to get it back
among the living but I finally made pancakes and sourdough refrigerator
rolls with it yesterday and they were marvelous.

Gene
Kansas City