Posted to alt.food.sushi
[email protected] wwerewolff@yahoo.com is offline

Default Shrimp Sauce or other dipping or "drizzle" sauces.

I know of no congealed blood dishes at any of the Hue joints I've been
visiting.

--- My only misadventure with Vietnamese Hue's (in)famous bun bo hue
was in your hood in some down home joint I happened upon and in which
I was the only non-Viet. Do you want it with blood?, the waitress
inquired. Yeah sure, said I, being an aficianado of authentic cuisine
and having had blood sausages and some other blood stuff in the past
and they were fine. I did not, however anticipate authentic bun bo
hue. A noodle soup dish loaded with big chunks of congealed blood in
gelatinous mass. I had a go at it, but couldn't handle it. The taste
was horrid. This is one of the very few exotic cuisines that grossed
me out. Perhaps the trick was too put loads of hot sauce on the
chunks of blood, or perhaps, as someone here suggested, the blood
wasn't very fresh. I dunno, but I always associate that dish with Hue
style now.

I thought it was the entire cuisine of Korea you banished
due to a soup.

--- No, I got food poisoning on a camping trip and after that I didn't
seem to be able to digest kim chee, sauerkraut, etc. I think I'm
finally over it.