Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Advice on oil

On Aug 28, 9:49?am, Bobo Bonobo? > wrote:
> OMG! The food snob is asking for advice?
>
> Here's my problem. I need to figure out what oil to use for quantity
> preparation of pancakes and French toast. All I keep around is peanut
> and EVOO. The OO is obviously not right. The peanut oil cannot be
> used because it's for my son's school's PTO event, and peanut
> allergies, you know.
>
> What neutral oil should I use?
>
> I don't think that canola is neutral, and soybean is downright nasty.
>
> Corn is not neutral, but is inoffensive tasting.
>
> Safflower is unavailable, for all practical purposes.
>
> So, is it corn oil?

Sunflower oil.

Besides olive oil sunflower oil is the only oil I buy.

Sunflower oil is not always easy to find in the US... regardless which
oil you buy check the date on the label, oils go rancid rather
rapidly... never buy more than you can use within 2 years and store in
a cool dark place.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunflower_oil

Sheldon