Bob

Default OT Digital Cameras WAS: "Crock-pot pumpernickel"

On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 13:20:13 GMT, HeatherInSwampscott
> wrote:

>Dick Adams wrote:
>
>>But a close-up focusing range is very desirable for bread
>> photos, particularly for showing the crumb structure in slices.

>Yes, I agree, a good macro range is what you want to look for, moreso
>than digital zoom. The camera I took my crumb photo
>(http://www.fearn.ws/bread/bread4.jpg) with has a 4 cm macro. A very
>good camera comparison site is: http://www.dpreview.com/
>
>They list current models and also older models. They review in great
>detail, and have a camera comparison tool that helps greatly in
>narrowing what sort of camera you wish to buy. Do that first, then look
>around for a used camera of the same make / model or earlier line model
>and you can save a bundle of money.
>
>I am not affiliated with this site in any way. I have used it in the
>past to figure out which cameras to buy for work.
>
>Heather
>_amaryllisATyahooDOTcom

You guys are going to talk me into buying a camera, and I don't really
have a need for one. Next year my daughter is going to be married and
we were planning on buying a quality camera then. I hate to spend
money now when I can wait 8 months and get better quality for less
price. Maybe if I can find a cheap used one, it will get me into the
game.

Then I can email Adams all the pics he wants.