Bob

Default "Crock-pot pumpernickel"

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:13:08 GMT, "Dick Adams" >
wrote:

>And now these clarion notes proceed via the
>mystical miasma, conveyed on the backs of electrons.

Actually the information is carried by the electromagnetic field
supported by those electrons. In an alternating current, which is what
electromagnetic waves amounts to, the electrons sit in one place and
wiggle back and forth. It's the electromagnetic wave that propagates.

That's why electric transmission wires are stranded. The 60 Hz
alternating electomagnetic field can penetrate a conductor only so far
(called the "skin effect" ) and therefore the metal inside the wire is
wasted. So engineers had to devise a way to increase the surface area,
and multi-strand wire was the solution.

HTH

>See me now, walking on the dark side with Samartha!

You poor wretched fellow.