Samartha Deva

Default "Crock-pot pumpernickel"

Dick Adams wrote:
<..>

> Next time I find a store selling rye flour, I will continue.
> The only rye flour commonly available here in Eastern
> Massachusetts is Hodgkin Mill (whole grain rye flour).
> What I used for the here-reported effort was probably
> over a year old, which might account for part of the
> pungency of flavor.

The flour could smell moldy and/or taste rancid, if it gets over and
your nose still works.

You could try adding some coarsely broken rye to add some more structure
and counteract the "mousse" effect, if that's what you want.

What you are doing with your fine flour reminds me of "flour glue" -
boil flour in water and it becomes glue. Maybe even full grain rye ends
up as glue when you just boil it long enough. 40 hours seems a good
starting point, maybe way into the point of disintegration.

What other uses could be found for your rye mousse? Smearing it on the
fence and repel squirrels and raccoons?

If it works, you should get it patented and get rich.

I think, the idea has potential but it should have a better, like
sliceable structure after cooling down if intended for human
consumption. For human deterrence of <insert your favorites>, the mousse
effect could be kept, refined and disguised as chocolate mousse. Maybe
light rye flour would work in that direction.

Keep up the good dark rye spirit! ;-)

Samartha

--
remove -nospam from my email address, if there is one
SD page is the http://samartha.net/SD/