Posted to rec.food.veg.cooking
M Jones M Jones is offline

Default Storing cooked pulses

Hi,

I enjoy eating these and was wondering if it's possible to freeze them for
storage? I'm always busy and live on my own and with soaking / boiling time
taking so long I was thinking I could cook them in larger quantities all at
once and enjoy them as a side dish more often. I kept some black eyed peas
and borlotti beans in the refrigerator for 2 days and it didn't seem to
impair the flavour too much.

Does anybody have any idea how best to store freshly cooked lentils and
beans for longer periods without damaging the texture / flavour too much?