Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Food thermometer recommendation for fish

In article <HSMzi.1318$Ay3.959@trndny02>,
"Paco's Tacos" > wrote:

> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 24 Aug 2007 03:03:34 GMT, "Paco's Tacos" >
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> . ..

> groups.com...

> >>It's not easy being Sheldon.
> >>

> > really? i think any half-wit could do it...
> >
> > your pal,
> > blake

> I have to disagree, Blake. Think of all of the care and thought that has to
> go into each and every inane statement. And the expertise! On everything!
> This requires a 24/7 commitment.

Sheldon has a point, though. People with experience don't need
thermometers and recipes. With experience, it is easy to tell when meat
is done. With experience, it is easy to tell whether a dough needs more
flour or more liquid. Since I, and most everyone else, doesn't have
that kind of experience, we need the damn thermometer and recipes. If I
roast a turkey twice a year, I can't afford to have it go wrong, so I
use a thermometer.