Steve B

Default Starter smells like paint thinners

Roy,

IF I had written the formula as CH3CH2C(=O)OCH3 instead of CH3CH2OC(O)CH3, I
would have been wrong since CH3CH2C(=O)OCH3 is the formula for methyl
propionate and the purpose of my post was to alert you to the fact that it
was CH3CH2OC(O)CH3 or ethyl acetate that was formed. CH3CH2OC(O)CH3 can
also be written as CH3CH2OC(=O)CH3, although the former is more widely used
as a shorthand among chemists. Enough chemistry.... let's get back to
sourdough!

- Steve

om...