Dick Adams

Default Mixing machine advice

"Steve B" > wrote in message=20
news:OUaob.44997$mZ5.270599@attbi_s54...

> But I must ask... have you ever used a Magic Mill? If not, then any

comments you make regarding it should be suspect.

Nope, and I never drove a Ferrari. But my Toyota goes goes where
a Ferrari can go, and, with speed limits, about as fast.

> Perhaps you would attribute this to a personal failure on my part. =20

Vanity would be my guess.

Elsewhere, some ignorant person posted that=20

> kitchenaids are junk and their worm gears are made of plastic

My K45 KitchenAid mixer has one plastic piece in the gear train,=20
and that is a pinion, not a worm gear. It serves as a mechanical fuse,=20
having the purpose of protecting the rest of the mechanism. Years
ago, when I was new to the KA, I stripped one. The part cost=20
$10 at an appliance parts store, and took 20 min. to replace, well,=20
maybe 30.

It can handle about 4 pounds of dough -- that is two big loaves.
That could be an inconvenience for a large family. I had a shot at
a Magic Mill about a month ago for $100. It takes more space than
the KA, and can make at a time more bread than we eat in a month.

I doubt it facilitates the making of better bread than can be made with
the KA, or even by hand kneading.

KA bashing is a sport for ignoramuses.

--=20
Dick Adams
<firstname> dot <lastname>at bigfoot dot com