Dick Adams

Default Mixing machine advice

"Steve B" > wrote in message =
news:OUaob.44997$mZ5.270599@attbi_s54...
Dick,

That's an unfair characterization. I own both a KA Pro mixer and a =
Magic
Mill (but no SUV). The KA is great for mixing cake batters and beating =
egg
whites but I've found that the Magic Mill is just the more efficient of =
the
two for mixing bread dough. I just can't get the gluten development =
with
the KA that I can with the Magic Mill without the KA seriously =
overheating.
Perhaps you would attribute this to a personal failure on my part. =
Perhaps
so. But I must ask... have you ever used a Magic Mill? If not, then =
any
comments you make regarding it should be suspect.

- Steve Brandt

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
The Kitchen Aid mixer is good. Even the K45.

But if you are the sort which needs an SUV to go to the
store for 5 LBS of flour, you will need the Magic Mill, at
least.