Posted to rec.food.preserving
The Joneses[_1_] The Joneses[_1_] is offline

Default The Beat Goes On

"Anny Middon" > wrote in message
> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message
>
> <snippage>
>

>> I picked up my opened and judged State Fair canning entries on Sunday.
>> An unopened jar of each entry was left for display. I will find out
>> results on Thursday when the Fair opens; the info is a closely held
>> secret until then. I had great hope for my Cherry-Berry Jam in the
>> (clipped State Fair Orgy)

> I've been meaning to try making Pomegranate Jelly. Did you use fresh
> pomegranates, or commercial juice? If commercial juice, what brand? I've
> never bought the commercial juice, but a friend was complaining about how
> bad the brand she bought was, so I thought I'd better find a good one to
> make jelly from.

All that state fair enterings just made me tired, but I wish Mother Sup
and all y'all the best of luck. It's too much work not to get prizes and
stuff.
I made pomegranate jelly from fresh red ones. They come in pink and white,
iirc, but the red is sooo pretty, what do any else? But I was disappointed
with the aroma/flavor. So much of taste is aroma and this didn't have it.
Might have been my neighbor's fruits. Boy it was a pretty color. Maybe a mix
of strawberry & pom jelly? or plum? My plum jam was from really uninspiring
plums, but the jam was FAB! really sparkled.
Edrena