Posted to rec.food.cooking
Little Malice Little Malice is offline

Default Scandinavian delicacy

One time on Usenet, Karen > said:
> On Aug 14, 7:33 pm, (Little Malice)
> wrote:

> > Funny, because Poulsbo isn't that far away from me. Anyway, if
> > you scroll down a bit, there's a good description and photo of
> > a kranskake or "kransekage". I'd seen them before on television
> > (dunno if it was FoodTV or not) and thought they looked neat.
> > Reminds me of that gal who had a wedding dress of pastry...

> Poulsbo is a very cute town! I enjoyed a visit there a few years ago.

Gosh, I haven't been there in many years. I don't remember the reason
for our last visit, but I do recall that our old Subaru broke a fan
belt on the way and we didn't stay long.

ObFood: Franz' bakeries make a "Poulsbo" bread that's got several
different nuts and seeds in it, very hearty. The recipe is connected
to the town somehow, but I forget exactly how. Great stuff, especially
toasted with some good peanut butter (like Adam's "Old Fashioned")
and some cream cheese...

--
Jani in WA