Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,alt.animals.rights.promotion
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

"Dutch" > wrote in message news:AvRwi.61229$_d2.26043@pd7urf3no...
> pearl wrote:
> >> All consumption entails an increase in one's footprint. If you consume
> >> an apple or a bowl of rice your footprint on that day increases by that
> >> amount.

> > On *that* day? As opposed to an orange and potatoes another day?
> >
> > Well, thanks for the laughs anyway, ditch. Quite the contortionist.

> >> Fact.

> > Nonsense.

> >> You changed the wording of your statement to one that was supportable.

> > Huh? What on Earth are you babbling on about now?
> >
> >> Consuming plant foods *increases* one's footprint as does all
> >> consumption,

> > Compared to what?!?

> Compared to what it would be if you did NOT consume that food.

Eating another food instead, or not consuming food? (No humans).

> >> however, if you make a change from a food that entails more
> >> calories to produce, your average footprint will decrease *from what it
> >> was*.

> > More calories to produce? How many calories do tomatoes need?

> You tell me.

I've no idea what you're on about, so why don't just go ahead..

> >> It still increases incrementally on a daily basis based on the
> >> amount of consumption.

> > From what? No consumption. That is, no humans. As said..

> You're not listening.

I'm listening. You're not thinking.

> >> Truth you hate.

> > Truth *you* hate.

> Polly want a cracker?

Your claim is false.

> >> I sponsor other measures. Are you only interested in one?

> > Am I "only" interested in freeing up vast expanses of land for
> > a healthy environment - soil, water, habitat, etc. and wildlife?
> > I'm interested in a non-violent world, where life is respected.
> > I'm interested in a healthy human population and abundance.

> You're interested in grandiose pontification.

Nonsense.

> > Your 'measures': lip-service to so-called "animal-welfare".

> Your 'measures': lip-service to so-called "animal rights".

More nonsense.

> >> All consumption comes from "the rest of nature".

> > Resources needed for our consumption can be vastly reduced, and
> > what we farm can be farmed sustainably and in harmony with nature.

> Sustainability and animal farming are not mutually exclusive. Both of
> those ideals are far from the reality of today's world though.

Tell us 'again' how your 'responsible farmer' measures loss of topsoil.

> >> Your repetitive crap is my prerogative.

> > You presumptuous control-freak, snipping

> is a poster's prerogative. If you want your favorite animal rights
> articles in your posts then put them in.

You presumptuous control-freak, snipping to avoid addressing
evidence and valid points that has blown all your snivelling crap
to Timbuktu and beyond, just to carry on here with endless BS.