Posted to rec.food.cooking
Victor Sack[_1_] Victor Sack[_1_] is offline

Default For Victor: Tofu Stroganoff

TammyM > wrote:

> I know! I was shocked, SHOCKED, I say. What does an 84-year old
> grandmother know about whips and chains!

She got corrupted by some of the young 'uns.

> Besides, I'm not into that stuff. Now. Whipped cream, chain-link
> negligees, entirely different story.... Not together of course, too
> difficult to clean the negligee.

We grandmothers like that, too! Verrry much so!

ObFood: Whipped Goat Cheese with Chives and Lemon, from
<http://www.karensrecipes.com/recipes/detail.jsp?r=89>.

Harry's Gran

Whipped Goat Cheese with Chives and Lemon

Description
Makes about 1 cup, serving 4 Time: 5 minutes. A quick way to dress up a
plain log of goat cheese is to whip it with flavorful ingredients.
Serve with pita chips (see recipe below) or any good crackers.

8 ounces fresh goat cheese
1/3 cup heavy cream
Pinch salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest

Whip all the ingredients with an electric mixer until the mixture is
soft and uniform, about 1 minute. Transfer the cheese mixture to a
serving bowl; serve. (The whipped cheese can be refrigerated for 1 day.)

Pita Chips
Makes 48 chips, enough to accompany 2 cups dip
Time: 30 minutes

4 (8-inch) pita breads, cut into wedges
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt

1. Adjust the oven racks to the upper-middle and lower-middle positions
and heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spread the pita triangles, smooth-side
down, over 2 rimmed baking sheets. Brush the top of each chip lightly
with oil and sprinkle with salt.

2. Bake the chips until they begin to crisp and brown lightly, about 6
minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven and flip the chips so
their smooth side is up. Return the baking sheets to the oven, reversing
their positions from top to bottom, and continue to bake until the chips
are fully toasted, about 6 minutes longer. Remove the baking sheets from
the oven and cool the chips before serving.