Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural,alt.animals.rights.promotion
pearl[_1_] pearl[_1_] is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

"Dutch" > wrote in message news:tlQvi.56655$rX4.46600@pd7urf2no...
> pearl wrote:
> >> No baseline, all consumption increases footprint, incrementally.

> > From what? Non-consumption. That is, no humans.

> From any point you wish. If you consume 1200 calories a day and then
> raise that to 1500, your footprint increases.

That's *increased consumption*. You wrote: *all consumption*.

> >> All consumption increases footprint, incrementally.

> > Nonsense,

> No, it's a fact.

Nonsense.

> >and substituting 'foods' derived from animals
> > with plant foods *decreases* one's ecological footprint.

> Yes, in most cases, but it's not a decrease I am prepared to sponsor. I
> do other things.

So, pushed into a corner, you finally concede. Good show.

> >> Concede the point, the notion that we should stop consuming any
> >> particular food due to it being "unnecessary" is nonsense.

> > I am talking about broad categories - animal and vegetable
> > , you dense lump of mineral. And "the notion" is not that
> > 'foods' derived from animals should stop being consumed
> > *due to* them being unnecessary, but due to the numerous
> > extremely harmful consequences caused by consumption.

> There are extremely harmful consequences to all forms of agriculture.

False.

> Let's work on them together.

"it's not a decrease I am prepared to sponsor".

> >> It would be unnecessary if it were made with dandelion milk. No food is
> >> necessary.

> > Food is necessary. Some 'foods' require far more resources to
> > produce than others. Happily, those 'foods' are unnecessary..

> Those are resources that people are willing and able to support.

Those are the resources that humans have taken over for an
unhealthy, unnatural and cruel diet - from the rest of nature.

> > <.... ten billion light years later ....>

> >> You think, just not rationally.

> > Projection.

> Not projection, the notion of "Animal Rights" makes absolutely no sense,
> and no lame equivocations please.

Projection.

> And you dishonestly snipped my reply, again.
>
> You presumptuous control-freak, my posts contain exactly the content I
> choose. If you want links and other pasted crap in your posts nobody is
> stopping you.

You presumptuous control-freak, snipping to avoid addressing
evidence and valid points that has blown all your snivelling crap
to Timbuktu and beyond, just to carry on here with endless BS.