Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca Becca is offline

Default Buehler's Fresh Foods - What a place

l, not -l wrote:

> Regardless, the grocery didn't last long; St. Louis has always been a
> very competitive market, with local chains driving out the all other
> general grocers.

We moved around when I was a child, and my mother had to experience new
and different markets each time we moved. The brands were different and
some cuts of meat had different names, depending on where you lived.
When you move, it is an experience. Shopping in different countries is
also unique, but interesting. Buying eggs, and the carton had no lid,
for example. I bought pork in Jamaica, and they had to lift the pig out
of a drum, using a winch. They cut off the piece I wanted, then lowered
the pig back into the drum. It was different.

Becca