Posted to rec.food.cooking
The Truthful Assh0le The Truthful Assh0le is offline

Default Does WalMart really have good meats?

On Aug 14, 8:15 am, Dave W > wrote:
> In article .com>,
> The Truthful Assh0le > wrote:
>

> > On Aug 12, 2:51 pm, zxcvbob > wrote:

> <snip>
> > > The biggest problem I have with Walmartmeat is the stuff is spilling
> > > over to all the other stores, so that good unadulterated meat is not
> > > available at any price. So I just don't eat much meat.

> > They got away with it because they were selling it to the "slack jawed
> > yokels" who are too ignorant to know better. People who live in
> > counties that have more cattle than humans, but who refer to margarine
> > as "butter." Folks who call evolution, "Just a theory," think
> > rasslin' is a sport, and that Dale Earnhardt, Sr. was one of the
> > greatest Amurricans ever.

> > You can bet that the wealthy rural folks don't buy that WalMart crap.

> <snip>
>
> > --Bryan

> Well here in northwest Arkansas (the home of Walmart) the Wallyworld
> parking lots are full of pickups, minivans, old family sedans that
> couldn't qualify for the demolition derby and ex-police cruisers. The
> parking lot of our local meat market is full of Cadillac Escapades,
> Nissan Armadillos, GMC Envys, Lincoln Intimidators, and such. I can't
> prove it, but suspect these behemoths belong to Walmart execs.

"Here in America, we've got class."

There's a good taqueria on US-62, just east of Rogers. It is on the
north side of the road, next to a Mexican grocery. We drive there
every time we stay in Eureka Springs.
There's also a Guatemalan lady who has a taco trailer on the square in
Berryville.
She only opens when she feels like it, but the steak tacos are
righteous.

> Your only friend,
> Dave in the Ozarks

--Bryan, at the other end of the Ozarks