Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Personal responsibility was Another McDonald's Lawsuit

big fish wrote:

> The guy should have checked the burger himself before eating. Mix-ups do
> happen and if the allergy was that bad, he needed to be sure for his own
> safety.

I feel the same way about birth control. I know that a lot of women will
disagree with me, but I think that the ultimate responsibility for birth
control is the female's. She is the one who is going to get pregnant. She
is the one who is going to be saddled down with an unwanted child. She
could trust the guy to pull out in time, to use a condom that has been
rotting in his wallet for ten years, or believe that he had a vasectomy.
If she has sex with a stranger or near stranger, he is not going to be
around when she needs financial and other support. I am not saying that
men should not take any action or any responsibility, but if I were the one
who would left holding the bag when things go bad, I would want not be
prepared to trust someone else.