Posted to rec.food.cooking
Peter A Peter A is offline

Default Another McDonald's Lawsuit

In article >,
says...
> I'm not absolving McD's of anything, simply saying gee, didn't someone look?
> I mean if this guy's allergy to cheese is *that* bad you'd think someone
> (including himself) would have checked his order. It's not like cheese is
> invisible.

I agree in part - the guy "should" have looked. I would have. But, the
fact that he did not look doesn't absolve McD's of its responsibility.
They made a mistake, they are responsible for that mistake.

Situations such as this are rarely clear cut. No one party is totally at
fault while the other is totally blameless. You and others seem to think
that because the victim did not behave perfectly that the responsibility
is all his. Why not reverse that? The business did not behave perfectly
so the responsibility is all their's.

--
Peter Aitken