Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] b_todten@yahoo.com is offline

Default Does WalMart really have good meats?

On Aug 12, 12:24 pm, "Kswck" > wrote:
> The few times I have had meats from Walmart they have been rather tough.
> Eye round was shoe leather-yeah, I know it should be braised.
> Skirt steak tasted like broiled jerky.
> Are there any types of meats that are better than others from Walmart; any
> to really stay away from?

I made a pot roast for my family this evening from Wal-Mart. We've had
some tough meat from them in the past, but this time it was wonderful.
But, I used the slow cooker so my hubby and the kids wouldn't complain
about toughness. It's amazing what an old-fashioned, 30-year old
"Crock Pot" can do for a piece of Wal-Mart beef! > B.T.