Posted to alt.bread.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking
Hitachi bread machine user Hitachi bread machine user is offline

Default whole wheat bread

salt-free whole wheat bread, and kneeding whole wheat flour
I use Braggs instead of salt for everything except sweets. It's made
from soy, salt free but tastes salt. For sweets, I use Capra mineral
whey powder. In breadmaking without salt, the dough moves along about
twice as fast as when I use salt. For kneeding whole wheat, I keep
adding water (instead of flour) many times during the kneeding
process. The whole wheat dough dries out and gets hard unless I keep
adding water--then I get a dough that is as soft and flexible as using
white flour. Definitely let it rise twice before shaping into loaves.

Linda