Afta12345

Default Uncorking fees at restaurants w/o liquor licenses

"Anthony" > wrote in message >...
> "Anthony" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Afta12345" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Did it ever occur to you that the
> > > fee bothered me because I considered it wrong *on principle*?

> > Ah yes, nothing like good old "principle" for justifying ****ing people
> > over.
> >

> It occurs to me that new readers may not know, and old readers may have
> forgotten, what this is all about. The OP is outraged that certain
> unlicensed restaurants propose a $5 corkage fee. For this they will provide
> glasses, open and pour the wine, do the washing up, clean up any spills and
> replace any breakages. In his opening salvo he urged us all to join with
> him in boycotting restaurants who engage in this nefarious practice thus
> bringing them to their knees and their senses. "On principle", of course so
> that makes it okay. I said he was a cheap asshole. I now say he's a cheap
> and prolix asshole. Self-justifying to boot.

Well, I can see this is going nowhere. You're used to interacting
with adolescents, trying to "win" arguments against imagined foes by
thinking up vulgar comebacks to strawmen instead of intelligently
offering opinions or reasons that *really* touch on the issue. And if
the jury here consists of those with the intellect and emotional
maturity of 12-year olds, then I'm sure you've already won the day.
So I won't bother you anymore. Bye.