Posted to rec.food.restaurants
pltrgyst pltrgyst is offline

Default Shoney's: Not exactly Manhattan cuisine!eheeee

On Thu, 09 Aug 2007 10:33:47 -0700, Darrin > wrote:

>....The sushi's tastier here than in Tokyo, the crossiants [sic]
>flakier than in Paris....

Gee, thanks a lot for the New York ad. But who's going to take the
word of a numbnuts who's stupid enough to go to Shoney's for a steak?

Yes, NewYork has an incredible array of food offerings. Yes, it has
H&H Bagels. But it also flies in a lot of things from overseas. Check
where Artisanal gets many of its cheeses, for example.

And on the particular subject of croissants, baguettes and the like,
fuggedaboutit indeed -- you can't touch Paris. Not only that, but many
of us -- my wife and I included -- would take Paris over NYC every day
of every year. And Bologna. And San Francisco.

And while we're at it, I love NY pizza -- but I like the pizza in
Europe in general more. Their crust is a more significant -- and
flavorful -- participant in the event.

-- Larry (from Jersey, ex-NYC resident...)