Posted to rec.food.cooking
Terry[_3_] Terry[_3_] is offline

Default How do you make spongy pancakes?

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 10:09:07 -0700, CM > wrote:

>I love IHOP pancakes--they are spongy and soak up butter and syrup but
>whenever I make pancakes at home they are dense and "cakey". What is the
>secret to making more spongy pancakes?

Pancake batter properly made is rather thick. My wife prefers
pancakes made with thin batter---she adds milk or water. The cakes
come out like rubber but that seems to be what she likes.

Roughly 1 1/4 cups flour to each cup of liquid. More liquid than that
gives something closer to crepes than pancakes.

Best -- Terry