Posted to rec.food.preserving
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default What to do with canned pears?

"ellen wickberg" > wrote in message
news:jtrui.41745$_d2.7094@pd7urf3no...

> Why do you think you can't can comice pears. We do, they have a much
> betterf taste than bartlet, I think.

Because I never see a recipe for them. I asked about them last year and
nobody seemed to think I could can them. They may be what I used for the
papplesauce. I can't remember now. At any rate, I am not canning them this
year.

Daughter loves canned pears. But in cute little single serve cups or small
cans that I can tuck into her lunch box. MY canned pears are another
matter. Last year after we'd put them all up, Alberston's had a sale on the
little cans. She stood there jumping up and down and pleading with me to
buy them for her lunch.