Posted to alt.food.wine
PW PW is offline

Default Hunter Valley

Joseph Coulter wrote:
> With any luck, Qantas willing, I am going to be in Australia next month
> (sorry St Helier NZ gets missed n this one). since I have a coupoe of days
> on the itinerary in Hunter Valley, what one or two places are don't/can't
> miss? My taste runs to Rhones for Reds and White Burgundies fro white

Lately I've been impressed by the Meerea Park Shiraz Viognier, and I saw
a large paper rate one of their other wines quite well. There is a
review he
http://www.webwombat.com.au/lifestyl...es-feature.htm

Be aware that there has been a huge expansion of resort-style wineries
in the region over the past ten years. Many of those wines would come
from young vines.