Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Oh, to be a chef

On Aug 5, 5:16 pm, "Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Mitch" <Mitch@...> wrote in message

> > My friend is executive chef at a resort.
> > He just told me he pays $1.85/pound for choice brisket.

> So, he is getting screwed. I paid $1.80 just a week or so ago. Select was
> $1.00 on sale at Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago but I missed it.

I'd happily buy less tender grades of beef if they were significantly
cheaper. I have good teeth--at least so far.

That said, I bought two beautifully marbled sirloins today at
Schnuck's for $4.99/#
I bought another rather thin and very lean one to cut up for stir
frying with some green bell peppers tomorrow for breakfast, with
garlic, crushed red chilies, canned (I confess) mushrooms, and soy
sauce. Yeah, that's breakfast.

--Bryan