Posted to rec.food.cooking
Reg Reg is offline

Default Oh, to be a chef

Ward Abbott wrote:

> On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 19:40:27 GMT, Mitch <Mitch@...> wrote:
>

>>he pays $1.85/pound for choice brisket.

> Can't he get a better grade than choice? Is he cooking at Motel 8?

Well, the next grade above Choice would be Prime, and I can pretty
much tell that you've never actually had USDA Prime brisket.
Methinks you're all talk on the subject.

I've had it from several sources, and it's a true waste of money.
It costs twice as much or more, and the additional marbling that
you pay all the extra money for ends up adding little or nothing
to the final product. Brisket is not steak.

In many cases, a Select grade cut of brisket will come out just
as good as Choice. Forget about Prime.

--
Reg