Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
Michael Plant Michael Plant is offline

Default New York Gongfu

> Thanks for the information. I'm not sure about "shuck and jive" either,
> but I notice their links don't seem to work for me. Given that I
> generally prejudge based on websites, it is useful to know that this
> criteria may not be applicable here. In any case, can I walk in, sit down
> and drink tea here or is it primarily a store that sells tea to take home?
> (I am looking to do the former, though may still visit if the store is
> just for the latter).

> Charles

Hi Charles,

Lew and I discovered the Tea Gallery together one afternoon some years ago, and I join him in stating that Winnie and Michael are friends of mine, that I buy tea from them with fair regularity, and that I do not get discounts. Let me add a few things: In my experience, their teas are among the best I've drunk. They buy small quantities and have not yet entered into market for bulkier, albeit lesser, teas. Finally, and clearly, they are new to internet marketing, having preferred to enjoy tea and people face to face and cup to cup. I suspect they will improve the links. You can indeed walk in and drink tea, although it is, as you say, primarily a store that sells tea to take home. Highly recommended.

Michael