Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default Bob Hurt's Sourdough Article

"Jugito" > wrote in message 8...
> How about baking sourdough in an angelfood cake pan?

Should work, but I am not, so far, able to visualize the advantage.

How about this?: we construct an oven of a length of 6-inch ceramic
drain tile. We do this by wrapping it with nichrome heater wire
and imbedding the whole thing, except the access end, in adobe.
Probably needs some sort of a closure, and vents along it length.
And some sort of a heat-resistant dolly to slide-in and hold the
dough loaf.

Then, depending on the length of drain tile selected, we should be
able to bake a pretty long baguette-shaped loaf, but not so fat as
the viince thing.

I understand, sadly, the ceramic tile may have given way to plastic
pipe (petroleum based), but it will be back. Another thing to mention
is that electric power is taxed down by transmission losses, but with
the efficiencies of containing the heat, when everything is considered,
the electric pipe may be greener than the wood-burning monster.

---
Dicky