Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Jugito Jugito is offline

Default Bob Hurt's Sourdough Article

"Dick Adams" > wrote in
:

> "Bob Hurt" > wrote in message
> (Underlined spaces "_" can cause trouble, as well as dangling
> characters.)
>
>> OR, go to http://bobhurt.com and click on "Articles" in the menu.

> WOW! -- speaking of BIG, there's answers for all kinds of stuff there,
> like the Thermal Probe for Cancer:
>
> "This is a probe that you insert in the anus to raise the body
> temperature in that area to about 130 degrees F. It simulates a fever
> and thus stimulates production of white blood cells which attack
> infectious microbes. You can find out more about it in our References
> page."
>
> I was thinking -- maybe such a thing could be used to cook bread
> loaves from the inside. A way perhaps to cook exceedingly long loaves
> without necessarily having a huge oven.
>
> Well, that is just one of many ideas that comes to mind thumbing
> through that remarkable web site.
>
> --
> Dicky
>
> P.S. Maria looks real good, but the bread seems pale. Well, maybe I
> am just miffed since my sourdough article just came to one page,
> compared to 14 for yours.

Thank you, Dicky, for the droll comments and tweaking the link. I
appreciate your many encouragements and contributions to the art of baking
sourdough, particularly since you helped me learn.

JUST like you to find that tantalizing tidbit on anal probes. BAke a loaf
from the inside! Indeed!

Speaking of probes, I have found that if I probe a baking loaf toward the
done phase with an instant read thermometer, then pull the loaf out of the
oven at an internal temperature of 190 degrees F, it doesn't dry out as
quickly as if I let it go above 200.

How shall we work a similar magic if we bake the loaf inside out?

How about baking sourdough in an angelfood cake pan?

Bob