Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Mortar and Pestle Recipes?

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Omelet said...
>
> > In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
> >
> >> notbob said...

> >> I have a "close-fit" marble M/P. Good for nothing, imho.
> >>
> >> http://tinyurl.com/yqeasn
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Disagree... Those are for serious powdering of small volumes.
> > Mine however is ceramic: http://tinyurl.com/27fp3z

> I think we only used it for powdering doggie dope for the JRT's food bowl.
>
> Andy

<lol> Powdering pills for the pets is still a good use!

Seriously tho', clean it well and try powdering dried herbs for specific
recipes. I find I can get a better powder with that one compared to
others.

As long as all you need is a small volume. The finer the powder, the
more intense the flavor.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.