Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Mortar and Pestle Recipes?

Omelet said...

> Food processors are cool, but there is something soul satisfying about
> doing stuff the "old fashioned" way and hand-grinding it.
>
> And I think it releases more esters.

I was thinking making small batches of the next late & great BBQ rub.

It would be easy to grind up a base blend, then shake it all out equally
onto paper plates, then add back a plate at a time and grind in various
different spices per plate.

And, If you feel like it, add a liquid base to your rubs and you've got a
marinade or BBQ sauce, depending.

Then, try them on beef, chicken, pork and fish, cook it up and decide.

As Om said, it would be good for the soul and the bank account when you
turn it loose on consumers at Trader Joe's or somewhere.

Andy
QotD #2