Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default Mortar and Pestle Recipes?

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007 13:57:44 +0200, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>"Honey_Bunny_025" > ha scritto nel messaggio
roups.com...
>>I bought a marble mortar and pestle not too long ago and was pretty
>> darn happy about it. However, I have been unsuccessful in finding any
>> recipes on the internet for it. Aside from pesto, does anyone have any
>> recipes that require the use of a mortar and pestle. And when I say
>> require, I mean to find it useful.
>>

>Make a "pesto alla calabrese"! It's good.

I am in the same situation. I just got a new mortar and pestle and I
think I might make some aioli in it, instead of my usual method (food
processor. I have heard that aioli made this way is truly unctous,
and wonderful.

Pesto might come after that..or a curry paste of some sort. I have
this new book called Cradle of Flavor which is mainly Malaysian
cooking. Lots and lots of curry pastes!!!

Christine