Posted to rec.food.sourdough
Dick Adams[_1_] Dick Adams[_1_] is offline

Default Bob Hurt's Sourdough Article

"Bob Hurt" > wrote in message
> I have, for those interested, updated my 2-year-old sourdough article with
> a number of improvements, including sheets of labels for 1847 and San
> Francisco sourdough starters, plus a photo of my Island Princess Maria
> enjoying a slice of my bread. You can get the article (PDF file format, so
> you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader or equivalent) he
>
> http://bobhurt.com/articles/recipe_b...nstructions.pd

That could cause trouble for some (most, unfortunately). I fixed it so it will
mostly work, being the busybody that I am:

http://bobhurt.com/articles/recipe%5...ruct ions.pdf

(Underlined spaces "_" can cause trouble, as well as dangling characters.)

> OR, go to http://bobhurt.com and click on "Articles" in the menu.

WOW! -- speaking of BIG, there's answers for all kinds of stuff there, like
the Thermal Probe for Cancer:

"This is a probe that you insert in the anus to raise the body temperature in
that area to about 130 degrees F. It simulates a fever and thus stimulates
production of white blood cells which attack infectious microbes. You can
find out more about it in our References page."

I was thinking -- maybe such a thing could be used to cook bread loaves from
the inside. A way perhaps to cook exceedingly long loaves without necessarily
having a huge oven.

Well, that is just one of many ideas that comes to mind thumbing through that
remarkable web site.

--
Dicky

P.S. Maria looks real good, but the bread seems pale. Well, maybe I am
just miffed since my sourdough article just came to one page, compared to
14 for yours.