Posted to talk.politics.animals,alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,alt.food.vegan,misc.rural
Rupert Rupert is offline

Default skirt-boy: burden of proof not met

On Jul 31, 3:40 pm, Rudy Canoza > wrote:
> Rupert wrote:
> >> Yes, it is.

> >> No, not in the least. It proves that you don't believe
> >> your own preaching,

> > It does not.

> It certainly does, rupie.

What utterly palpable nonsense for so many reasons. But then, just
about everything you say is palpable nonsense for so many reasons.

It's palpable nonsense for at least three reasons:

(1) You have not established that any belief to which I have verbally
committed myself entails that anything I am doing is morally wrong.
(2) Even if, contrary to fact, you had established this, it would not
follow that I do not believe the propositions to which I have verbally
committed myself. I might be a hypocrite, as you yourself claim. You
don't seem to be able to make your mind up whether I'm hypocritical or
insincere.
(3) In any case, the original claim was that it would prove that the
beliefs to which I verbally committed myself were bullshit, which is
also obvious nonsense. Whether or not I actually believe them, or act
in accordance with them, has no bearing on their merits.

You really never do get tired of talking nonsense, do you?

> >> so the preaching is bullshit.

> > And this in any case would not follow.

> It does.

Of course it wouldn't follow. Even if, contrary to fact, you could
establish that I don't really believe it, or don't really act in
accordance with it, this would very obviously have no bearing on the
merits of the doctrine.