Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.religion.kibology,rec.food.equipment
Adam Funk[_2_] Adam Funk[_2_] is offline

Default Microwave oven rant. Rice.

On 2007-07-25, Nick Bensema wrote:

>>It has a keypad and many functions. I thought they all had
>>number keypads these days. I've never seen one that has
>>what the OP describes. So, OP, it looks like you didn't do
>>your homework and just bought the wrong mw oven. Go out and
>>buy the right one! Sheesh!

Maybe (as has been suggested) it's a regional thing.

> and a "toast" button. Then my parents bought me a fancy-cheap
> toaster oven, with a little convection fan that makes things cook
> faster. Neat, but it has three knobs now: mode, timer, and
> temperature. If you want to toast, you have to first set the mode
> and temperature knobs to their "toast" setting, then move the timer
> past the 20-minute mark so it knows to turn the oven on, THEN move
> the timer to the desired toast darkness. And it always burns the
> toast, always always. So I never use it anymore.

Toaster ovens have come up a few times recently in ARK. I haven't had
one for a long time and I'm not sure they exist in the UK.

I bought one for $5 at a yard sale ca. 1991, but I always unplugged it
and made sure it had cooled down before leaving my apartment.

--
Nam Sibbyllam quidem Cumis ego ipse oculis meis vidi in ampulla
pendere, et *** illi pueri dicerent: beable beable beable; respondebat